Hi, and welcome to the 2014 edition of the Anthrocon Charity Events Followup!
Anthrocon raised a new record total of $32,372 for The National Aviary, our supported charity this year. Thanks very much to Desiree Wienand and all their volunteers from the Aviary who came out to participate - some of whom joined us as existing and new fans!
We also set new records for money raised in the Raffle, the Bucket Brigade, and 2 & Kage's Comedy Show!
More special thanks are in order to the following groups and individuals:
* To all the donors who contributed artwork and merchandise to the auction and raffle, and to all those who both bid at the auction and bought raffle tickets.
* To the Dorsai Irregulars, Anthrocon's security contingent, who contributed the Elevator Golden Ticket for 2015, raised additional funds at the elevators, and acted as the Aviary's security escorts.
* To Dr. Samuel Conway and 2, the Ranting Gryphon, for their charity performance for which all ticket sales were donated to charity. Also, again to Dr. Conway for his annual auctioneering skills.
* To all the fursuiters and their handlers who volunteered their time for fursuit "bucket brigade" duties.
* To the Westin, Omni, DoubleTree, and for the first time the Courtyard, who each generously offered up a four-night stay during Anthrocon 2015.
* To all the attendees who bought merchandise and made cash donations to The national Aviary's donations box at their table, which is always a large percentage of the total funds raised.
* To the sudden generosity of attendees at our Closing Ceremonies, who stepped up to sail us into the record books by donating over $2000 in additional cash in two minutes.
Anthrocon 2014 has come and gone, and here are some of the stats:
What comes next?
Greetings! It's almost time for Anthrocon 2014 and many of us (including the convention staff) are either on our way to Pittsburgh, or will be heading there soon.
If you need to speak with the convention staff, sending us emails may result in a delay before we reply, so stopping by the Convention Operations office in the Crawford Room of the Westin or Room 309 in the Convention Center is recommended.
Here are some useful links:
Much of this information can also be found on our static website (optimized for speed during the convention):
We'll see you in Pittsburgh.
-- The Anthrocon Staff and Board of Directors
There are two ways to access MyConbook from your laptop, tablet, or other mobile device. The first way is for Android users only: download the MyConbook app. The second way is for all mobile users. Point your browser to the mobile website at:
Enjoy the mobile schedule, and we'll see you at Anthrocon 2014 in just a few short days from now.
While the convention is happening this year, our website will be under substantial load. In the event that it goes down, we don't want attendees to be without convenient access to the schedule. To that end, we once again created a static version of the website with just the bare essentials on it. It sits on a separate machine with just a barebones webserver so that it can serve up files as fast as humanly possible. The URL is:
Please, bookmark it on your laptop or mobile device so that you can get to it during the con if need be.
We also have a copy of our countdown, with zero hour being when opening ceremonies open on Friday morning. It can be found at:
Notice anything amiss in the content of those pages? Please, let us know in the comments below!
We are pleased to announce that for the first time an Anthrocon’s 18 years, we’ll be live streaming our main events and our dances live online.
**Please note we have made some changes to our stream schedule.
Now that dust has settled, everyone is confirmed and all the plans are in place, I can officially announce the DJs for this year!
9pm - Rory
10pm - Rigel
11pm - Firr
12am - Vallyrux
1am - Skroy
10pm - Akonite
11pm - Oddy
12am - Recca
1am - Genki
11pm - BigBlueFox
12am - DJ rK
1am - oh!Danger
Thanks to everyone who auditioned, as always, way more awesome DJs than timeslots. I'm very excited about all the new faces out this year and I'm already looking forward to finding spots for some of the awesome folks I couldn't book this year on next year's lineup!
This year, like always, looks to be a stormer
We are pleased to announce that Uber has offered us a special deal for Anthrocon 2014!
New users to Uber can use the promo code FURRY to get $20 off their first ride!
Q: "What us Uber?"
Q: "Is Uber fursuit-friendly?"
Q: "Can I use Uber to get back to my hotel room at 2 AM when the dances close?"
Got questions that aren't answered here? Drop by our Uber travel page or leave a comment on this post!
We'll see you at the con in 2 weeks!
Now that pre-registration for Anthrocon 2014 is closed, I thought I'd put together some graphs of our registration data.
As expected, there is always a big rush in the final week of pre-registration, especially on the final day itself. Here's what that looks like:
Seems like a pretty big spike in early June, right? Well, the spike becomes a lot smaller when both pre-registration and on-site registrations are plotted on the same graph.
Here's the same graph, but with Anthrocon 2013 registration data:
Pre-registration for Anthrocon 2014 will end at 11:59 PM this Friday (and that's Eastern Daylight Time)! You have only two days left to get your registration in. Why's that so important?
If you've been wanting to upgrade to Supersponsor, now is the time! We can only offer the Guest of Honor luncheon to pre-registered supersponsors, so if you want wonderful noms in excellent company, you need to start upgrading now!