It's here! The Anthrocon 2017 website is now up and running. The design is by Cuprohastes, who we thank for the excellent work!
In addition to this change, we are well underway with our Anthrocon 2017 preparations. The first one is Registration. Except that to open later this month.
Have you never attended Anthrocon before, but are thinking of doing so for the first time in 2017? You may want to check out our New To Anthrocon section of the website.
Just 266 days left until Anthrocon 2017 is here.
The Anthrocon 2016 Fursuit Photos are up!
A photo rights note from the photographers: "Nonexclusive, nontransferable rights to noncommercially use each image are granted to those depicted in said image only."
We sure got a lot of media coverage this year, didn't we?
Here's a list of what I was able to pull up in the last few minutes:
Thanks to the efforts of Warphammer and Kreggan, the Anthrocon 2016 Fursuit Group Photo is up!
The big picture can be found here.
That said, the photo is so big that it may cause your browser to break.
Here are some other versions of the picture, which may be viewable in your browser (or retrieved via wget):
Is there a demand for other resolutions? Let us know, or feel free to reach out to the photographers over Twitter.
What a convention we had this year!
Let's start with some numbers:
- The Fursuit Parade: We had an astonishing 2,100 fursuiters in the parade this year. That's a HUGE jump from 1,460 fursuiters last year!
- Our charity this year was the The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium. Thanks to your efforts, we raised $31,880 for them!
- Our social media presence was huge! We made it as high as the #4 trending topic in Pittsburgh and for the first time ever we broke 1 million Twitter impressions during the week of the convention.
While the con itself is still over, we'd like to ask for a little extra help from those of you who went.
We have a Post-con Survey at www.anthrocon.org/survey. If you could take the time to fill it out, and let us know what we did right, and we could do better, we'd appreciate it. We'll read the responses over the coming weeks and use them in our planning for next year's convention.
Hi, and welcome to the 2016 edition of the Anthrocon Charity Events Followup!
Anthrocon raised a new record total of $32,579 for The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium, our supported charity this year. Thanks very much to Jamie Szoszorek and all their volunteers who came out to participate!
We also set a new record for money raised in the Raffle!
More special thanks are in order to the following groups and individuals:
* To all the donors who contributed artwork, merchandise, and memorabilia to the auction and raffle, and to all those who both bid at the auction and bought raffle tickets.
* To the Dorsai Irregulars, Anthrocon's security contingent, who contributed the Elevator Golden Ticket and "Down In Front!" ticket for 2017.
* To Dr. Samuel Conway and 2, the Ranting Gryphon, for their charity performance for which all ticket sales were donated to charity. Also, again to Dr. Conway for his annual auctioneering skills.
* To all the fursuiters who volunteered their time for fursuit "bucket brigade" duties.
* To the Westin, Omni, DoubleTree, and the Courtyard, who each generously offered up one or more four-night stays during Anthrocon 2017.
* To all the attendees who bought merchandise and made cash donations to the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium's donations buckets at their table.
I would like to give thanks to my staff who helped conduct both the charity auction and raffle.
None of this could've occurred without the assistance of Mike "Mrianti" Pierce, Trevor "Mr. Mutt" Boyd, Tracey "Stormy" Bealer, and Tamarie "CelticKitty" Simmons.
Unclaimed high-ticket raffle items will be re-raffled next year.
RESULTS ARE CURRENTLY TENTATIVE for a month or two after publication of this summary to account for additional incoming donations and human error.
Finally, here are all the details.
Charity Auction (in no particular order) [donor - item - sale price]:
Tye Dye - "Fox In A Box" signed poster - $25
Hello fellow furs! While we hope to see you all again this year if you are unable to attend not to worry, you can still check out a lot of the fun events we have to offer in our main ballroom!
Be sure not to miss the excitment of the dance compeition, Uncle Kage's Story Hour, 2's rant, all 3 nights dances, and much much more exciting content Anthrocon has to offer.
Any questions please feel free to ask in the section bellow.
**Please note the schedule is subject to change**
**Our streaming website is still undergoing some final touches and will be up on 6/27
With Anthrocon 2016 just around the corner, we decided to put all of our key information for the convention online on a separate website which will render on any smart phone or tablet. The URL is:
Information that we have on the mobile website includes: Programming Information, Parking Info, Hotel Shuttle Schedule and Maps, Hours, The Dining Guide, Venue Maps, and Lost and Found!
We received word a few weeks ago that Hanlon's Cafe on Liberty Avenue will be closing up shop. That made quite a few of us sad, since Hanlon's was sort of the go-to place for a nice hearty breakfast. I myself liked to go there in the morning as part of my dedication to the 6-2-1 rule, since the portions they serve are usually enough to carry me through until dinnertime.
Well, I got a note from Bob Hanlon himself saying that he's stretching his lease on the store for one more month., He and his staff are great fans of Anthrocon and wanted the opportunity to keep us fed for one more year. Bob can retire happy knowing that nobody at Anthrocon 2016 went away hungry.
The note came in too late to put it in the dining guide, but rest assured, if you want a good, hearty sit-down meal and don't want to spend a huge pile of cash to get it, just follow the alluring scent of frying bacon and toasting bread to Liberty Ave, and be sure to give Bob and his crew a big hug to thank them for being there for us all these years!
The DLCC changed their contracted Internet service provider from