David L. Lawrence Convention Center Loading Dock
1000 Ft. Duquesne Blvd. (10th & Ft. Duquesne)
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
From Pittsburgh International Airport
PA -60 S to US-30 E becomes I-279 N through the Ft. Pitt Tunnels and across the Ft. Pitt Bridge. Take Exit 6C Ft. Duquesne Blvd. Follow sign to Convention/Strip District on 10th Street Bypass. At 1st traffic light, turn right into the Convention Center Loading Dock Entrance.
From East/PA Turnpike
I-76 W (PA Turnpike) to Exit 57 Pittsburgh. Take I-376 W to Exit 2B Blvd. of the Allies. Take I-579 N to Seventh Ave/Convention Center Exit. Take Seventh Ave. Turn right onto William Penn Way. William Penn Way becomes 10th St. go straight under the Convention Center. At the corner of 10th & Ft. Duquesne Blvd., turn left onto Ft. Duquesne. Next light, turn left into the Convention Center Loading Dock Entrance.
From West/Pa Turnpike
I-76 E (PA Turnpike) to Exit 28 Cranberry. Follow signs to I-79 S to I-279 S across Ft. Duquesne Bridge to Convention Center/The Strip District Exit. At 1st traffic light, turn right into the Convention Center Loading Dock Entrance.
I-79 S to I-279 S across Ft. Duquesne Bridge to Convention Center/The Strip District Exit. At 1st traffic light, turn right into the Convention Center Loading Dock Entrance.
I-79N to Exit 59A Pittsburgh to I-279N through Ft. Pitt Tunnel across Ft. Pitt Bridge. Take Exit 6C Ft. Duquesne Blvd. Follow sign to Convention/Strip District on 10th Street Bypass. At 1st traffic light, turn right into the Convention Center Loading Dock Entrance.
Very Important Information!
The Dealers' Room will be located in HALL B on the second level of the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, PA. Driving directions can be found on our web page. There are three ways in:
- Through the West Lobby on 10th Street (same street as the Westin), on the ground floor. Go up the escalator and turn left to reach Hall B.
- Across the skybridge from the 2nd floor of the Westin. There are two elevators at the end of the skybridge. Travel up one level to #3, then cross the walkway ahead of you. At the far end, take the escalator down one level and turn right.
- Through the loading dock. This is where you should go if you have a truck, or if you have a carload of material to offload. The entrance to the loading dock is located on Ft. Duquesne Blvd. between 9th Street & 10th Street at the point where Ft. Duquesne Blvd. & 10th Street Bypass merge. We will try to place a helpful map here prior to the convention. Note that the loading dock allows drop-off of merchandise only! You cannot check into the Dealer's Room from here.
Dealers can pick up their badges in Concourse B, outside of the entrance to Hall B on the river-side of the building. Follow the directions in the first two bullets of the paragraph above. Badges can be picked up, and dealers may set up their tables (tentatively) between 12:00 PM and 9:00 PM on Thursday, and from 8 AM to 12 Noon on Friday. After this point, late-arriving dealers must check in at Registration in Concourse B and be escorted to the Dealer's Room Staff Table in Hall B.
The loading dock will be open for merchandise drop-off from 3 PM until 9 PM on Thursday and from 8 AM until 12 Noon on Friday.
Please take very careful note of the rules regarding the transport of materials. This is something that Anthrocon has no control over, and is one of the things that all conventions our size must deal with.
- Only people with Dealer or Dealer Assistant badges will be allowed into the area during setup and teardown. We are sorry, but we cannot allow you to bring an army of helpers to carry your stuff into the Dealers' Room, nor can Anthrocon volunteers assist you. Anthrocon strongly urges you to declare your Dealer Assistants in advance of the convention, for smoother passage through Registration.
- In general, you may only bring in what you can carry on your person. Two-wheeled luggage carts such as those that can be carried on to an airliner can be used as well, but four-wheeled carts are right out. You are asked to make only one trip into the room with two-wheeled luggage.
- If you have an amount of material that will require a cart or an unreasonable number of trips back and forth, you should bring your wares to the Convention Center loading dock. Alternatively, you can drop your boxes off at the security desk in the West Lobby when you first come in. Anthrocon will be providing Union labor from there at no additional charge to you. You should make sure that all of your containers are well-packed and marked with your table number. Once dropped off, your merchandise will be brought inside and delivered to your table. Note: This process may not be immediate. Boxes will be carried inside once a sufficient number has been amassed; we do not have enough labor to carry them in on demand.
- Parking is not available inside the loading dock without prior approval. If you have a truck that will not fit in the average parking garage or lot, please contact us well in advance of the convention.
- As a reminder, there is still only eight linear feet behind each table. If you try to cram more than two people behind any one table, inevitably someone's elbow encroaches into a neighboring dealer's space, which leads to complaints. We can only allow a maximum of two people to be seated behind any one table. Even the skinniest of our dealers cannot fit two people into a four-foot space for long.
- Large amounts of outside food may not be brought into the Exhibit Halls, due to our agreements with the convention center. You may bring a personal meal, including beverage; a large pizza is not a personal meal, even if you are really hungry. A concession stand will be open in Hall B during the lunchtime hours (approximately 12:00 Noon to 4:00 PM Friday, 11am-3pm Saturday and Sunday), with food and beverage for sale.
- Any special exhibits that you may have must be assembled by you or your staff, and must not require any tools to do so. If you require any tools to put together your display, then you will be required to pay a Union carpenter to do the assembling for you. This is standard practice in large exhibition halls.
- Please do not request any special services or equipment directly from the Union members. Something as simple as asking to borrow a screwdriver may result in fees of hundreds of dollars to Anthrocon. If you have any requests, please direct them to the Dealers' Room staff.
- If you are seeking outbound shipping, a FedEx Office is located on 960 Penn Avenue, across from the Convention Center. Please contact them for hours, and be aware they are usually closed on Sundays.
- Hall B is lit by both artificial and natural sunlight. There may be times when the sun will be shining directly upon your table. This is the fault of Mother Nature and is not something that Anthrocon can control, so we apologize in advance if the light is too bright for a few minutes.