UPDATED information for the Anthrocon hotel reservation process!
1) All hotel reservations open at 11:00 AM (11:00 h) EST on Monday, February 3. Emails to supersponsors will go out at 11:00 AM (11:00 h) EST on Friday, January 31.
2) If you want to upgrade to supersponsor in order to take advantage of the early hotel reservation, you must do so before 9:00 PM (21:00 h) EST on Thursday, January 30. That's tonight, and that's when the person who handles the upgrades goes to bed. There will not be time or personnel to process upgrades the morning of the 31st.
3) ALL Anthrocon hotel reservations are made through VisitPittsburgh Housing Services using their online reservation system. DO NOT CALL THE HOTELS DIRECTLY. They have no information on Anthrocon reservations and will not be able to help you.
4) Please do not contact Anthrocon if you have any questions on or technical issues with their online reservation system or about your hotel deposit. We cannot help you. Please direct your questions to housing(at)visitpittsburgh.com, or phone them at the number on the Passkey welcome page. Please be reminded that if you make that call at 11:00 AM on February 3, you might have some trouble getting through.
5) The system is programmed to put a 10-minute hold on a room once you select it (similar to the process for purchasing concert tickets). Do not, under ANY circumstances, use your browser's BACK button during the Passkey session. That will break the hold on the room and it might be gone by the time you finish entering your credit card information.
6) Charges to your credit card should show up approximately 2-3 weeks after the reservation is made.
7) UPDATE! From VisitPittsburgh Housing Services: Do not attempt to bypass the WaitRoom screen if it comes up, and DO NOT open multiple browser windows or versions! It will not get you in any faster, and in fact it is likely to confuse the system and may result in an incomplete booking.
8) UPDATE! If you put in the same email address for multiple people in the room, then you will get multiple emails. Calm down - it doesn't mean that you made multiple reservations. It is simply sending an acknowledgement to each email address on the reservation.