Charity Auction/Raffle Donations Needed - Last Call!
As you may have heard, Anthrocon's selected charity this year is The National Aviary, the nation's only independent indoor nonprofit zoo dedicated to birds. While cash donations made at the convention are great, the majority of funds are raised via donations of artwork and merchandise to our Charity Auction and Charity Raffle. We're looking for popular items and unique craftwork that will make people say, "I want that!"
While we must distribute items between the Raffle and Auction based on available space, time, and perceived and past value, here are some examples of donations that went big in past years...
Great examples for the raffle:
- Crafts based on hot trends (Harry Potter handmade house scarves - $57)
- Large amounts of candy (5lb Hershey bar, 9.25lb Nestle Crunch bar - $70)
- Art bought at prior convention art shows ("Wrath" art by Terrie Smith - $83)
- Giant, brand new plush of popular characters (Large "Bolt" plush - $107)
- Merchandise based on popular fiction (Dr. Who's sonic screwdriver - $158)
Great examples for the auction: Fursuit costumes and commissions:
- (Husky fursuit head - $160)
- Rare convention memorabilia (Full set of all AC t-shirts since 1997 - $200)
- Professional sculpture (Dragon statue - $225)
- Unique opportunities (A speaking part in audio version of Diane Duane's "The Last Meow" - $500)
- Dorsai fursuit tags (Tag #1000 - $1600)
If you have an item you believe would be appropriate and would like to donate, please contact charity(at)anthrocon.org!