Anthrocon 2016 Dance Lineup!
Sorry this is way later than usual, this is entirely on me - personal life has a way of flaring up at the worst times and between that and work I've been absurdly busy. I've been holding onto this mostly-completed list for a week now trying to confirm everyone, but I wanted to get the list posted in public and I'll just update it when I get my final confirmations.
As always, lots of good DJs, way too few slots, and I'm sorry to everyone that didn't make the cut.
- 9pm - Rory - Top 40, dance standards and fursuit friendly music
- 10pm - Magic Ruined - High Energy Electro House/Trap & Future House
- 11pm - BBF - Trying to add a slightly different favour to the oversaturated world of electro.
- 12am - Veyote - A strange combo of progressive, house, trance and party music - I think.
- 1am - Cheetah - Bigroom Hardstyle/EDM/Pop
- 10pm - Rigel - Electroswing & Vintage Remix
- 11pm - Ra1nmaker - Mainly electro/progressive house
- 12am - DJ RK - Big Room / Progressive / Breaks
- 1am - Rad Face - Drum & Bass
- 11pm - Raven - Top 40/EDM/House
- 12am - Rob Gasser - Dubstep/Trap
- 1am - N00neImportant - Drum & Bass
I see this is the years of DJs with and R at the begining of their names...
Maybe for the "Roaring Twenties" theme?
Please update Rigel's genre to Electroswing & Vintage Remix. Old terminology + new terminlogy.
Just want to confirm, this is for DJs only not the actual dance competition; correct? As it's not clear in your title for those of us who've never been to AC before and still working our what things are or mean.
That's correct; these are DJs for our evening Dances, not the Dance competitions.
This is a list of the djs at the nightly dances and the times and types of music they feature. To the best of my knowledge, it has nothing to do with the dance competition.
I'm actually not sure where the widespread idea comes from that there are DJs at the Dance Competitions. At least with the Fursuit Dance Competitions, the tracks played are usually chosen and submitted by the contestants themselves who create their own choreography to this track, practice it, and perform it live for the judges to comment on. No DJs involved. If there is talk about a DJ line-up, it usually means the dance events that typically happen at night at conventions.
Just wanted to chime in and say how excited and honored (and a little terrified) I am to be able to DJ this year! Last year was my first AC (and first con), and I loved the vibe at all of the dances.
I've decided to go with a mostly liquid drum & bass set. Melodic and feelsy seems like the best way to close out the dances, especially after 3 days of raving. (You don't absolutely need to update the post though; it's still dnb =P)
See you all at the con!
Per usual, AV will be recording all the dances (audio only for now, video might happen). The recordings will be made available to the individual DJs after the convention is over. It's up to the DJs to distribute these recordings how they see fit.
However, if an individual DJ chooses not to have their set recorded, we'll discard it on their behalf.