Requests for WESTIN suites for Anthrocon 2017 are now being taken!
Anthrocon's hotel rooms are not yet available for reservations! On Thursday, February 2, 2017*, at 11:00 AM EST, we will throw open the doors for people to make reservations at the Westin Convention Center (our flagship hotel), as well as our all-within-easy-walking-distance satellite hotels, the Doubletree, Courtyard by Marriott, Hampton Inn, Marriott City Center, Omni William Penn, the Wyndham Grand, and the Renaissance, and as an added bonus, we are negotiating for some space at the Homewood Suites and the Drury. And yes, we will be providing a shuttle for ALL hotels other than the Westin this year.
Requests for Westin Hotel suites (and ONLY SUITES) are now being taken. Suites are deluxe rooms as described below and are more expensive than regular hotel rooms, which this year will be about $184 ($210 with tax) per night. We make suites available early because of the high demand. Remember, only suite requests for the Westin are being accepted at this time. Regular room reservations begin on February 2.
In order to request a suite at the Westin, please fill in our handy web form, which you can find at this link, wherein you can provide your contact information and tell us the type of suite you are interested in. This information will be given to the Westin's Convention Services department, who will begin to contact people starting on or about Monday, January 9. They will only contact you if the type of suite you are interested in is available; thus, if you indicate that you are only interested in a business king suite, you will not be contacted if all of the business kings are sold out. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE WESTIN DIRECTLY! The web form which we have created is the only way to request a suite, and while we wish we had several dozen suites to offer, there are only a few, so filling in the form will not guarantee that a suite will be available.
Here are descriptions of the Westin’s suites and the 2017 prices for Anthrocon members. Prices shown in parentheses are the total approximate price with tax included. You can click on each name for a floorplan.
1) CORNER SUITE $415 ($473) per night. A bedroom with a king-sized bed, and a separate, small parlor room with a table and a sofa (roughly 640 sq ft).
2) FAMILY SUITE - $445 ($507) per night. A bedroom with two double beds and a separate medium-sized parlor with a table, chairs, and sofa (roughly 500 sq ft).
3) BUSINESS KING - $515 ($587) per night. A very large single room with a king-sized bed and a huge amount of space, about 729 square feet total. Comes equipped with a sofa-bed.
4) BUSINESS DOUBLE - $515 ($587) per night. A very large single room with two double beds and a huge amount of space, about 729 square feet total. Comes equipped with a sofa-bed.
5) 1-BEDROOM PARLOR - $545 ($621) per night. A bedroom with either two double-sized or one king-sized bed and a large separate parlor with its own bathroom, dining table, and sofa. The parlor is 729 square feet and the bedroom is about 364 square feet. Comes equipped with a sofa-bed.
6) 2-BEDROOM PARLOR - $723 ($824) per night. A bedroom with a king-sized bed, a second bedroom with two double-beds, and between them a large separate parlor with its own bathroom, dining table, and sofa. The parlor is 729 square feet and each bedroom is about 364 square feet. Comes equipped with a sofa-bed.
7) WORKOUT SUITE $445 ($507) per night. Similar to a family suite, but with a king bed and workout equipment for those who like to keep fit. The exercise equipment is stationary and cannot be moved from the room.
* Except for supersponsors, who can begin making reservations at all hotels starting on January 30. More information will be sent by email.
I really hope you can seal the deal with the Drury. That's very close to the Westin and will make walking there easier compared with the Omni and DoubleTree.
I thought that the Westins rooms were $183 plus 14% tax. Or, has the Anthrocon hotel and Venue page not been updated yet.
Probably not updated for 2017 prices yet.
Made a deal with a friend to save enough for the deposit, then they'll make the reservation. I need a job lol...
When will rooms open for Supersponsors this year? Want to make sure I have it in my calendar
Supersponsor room reservations opens up January 30th. Look for an email.
I have not received any email regarding my Supersponsor registration I made 12/23. I will email registration AT anthrocon.org to follow up.
Probably January 30 or 31. Be sure to check your junk folder since it often ends up there.
Any word on if calls started going out yet? I filled out a form and am getting worried. I'm really hoping to get a suite at the Westin this year
Yes, I too am curious on if calls are going out yet, or if they are all full up... Iquiring minds want to know!
I'd also like to know. I put my name on the list some weeks ago but haven't heard anything.