Anthrocon 2017 Fursuit Friendly Cruises
- Both cruises will be occurring on Thursday, June 29th.
- Boarding will take place at the Convention Center Riverfront Plaza.
- Ticket prices will be $17 each and space will be limited.
- A complimentary bottle of water will be offered to all passengers and long straws will be supplied for use by fursuiters.
- The boats have both open decks and closed air conditioned decks so the cruises will be sailing rain or shine.
- You do not need a con badge to board the cruise. However, you will need your cruise tickets for boarding, whether it be in hard copy or electronic format.
- The deadline to request a refund for the Fursuit-Friendly cruise is June 18th, 2017 at 11:59pm EDT. Refund requests after this time will not be granted.
- The cruises will set sail rain or shine. If conditions on the river itself prevent a safe departure and the cruise is cancelled, refunds will be issued for that cruise.
- Refunds will not be issued if you miss the boarding time for your cruise.
- Refund requests must made by email to email@example.com. We need your LEGAL NAME, EMAIL USED FOR PURCHASE, CRUISE THAT TICKETS WERE PURCHASED FOR and NUMBER OF TICKETS PURCHASED to properly identify you for a refund. We cannot accept refund requests made by PM on the website, by Twitter, by Facebook/G+ posts, or other methods.
- Refunds must be approved/requested by the person who purchased the tickets.
For those who haven't been to that location, there are two ways to get there.
The first (and safest) is to walk down the curved path in the water feature between the two sections of the convention center. The dock should be directly in front of you.
The second method is to leave the convention center and turn toward the river away from the direction to the Westin. Cross the street toward the river and follow the path to the right. The path will turn left, then turn left again and go down the path.
Both directions are ramps and are handicapped accessible. I can't speak for the actual boarding of the cruise ship.
I highly recommend this. We've been going on the Gateway Clipper cruises almost every year since our first AC in 2009. They are a great way to view the city and very relaxing.
Thanks for all the work in getting this set up Nicona!!! Just when I thought we'd approached the summit of Epic, the summit climbs higher!!
Actually K.P. is the one that deserves more thanks than I. He is the one that got all this started as a possibility, I just worked on getting the ticketing page set up and making this post for it.
I want to do it, but, I don't know what will be going on during the curise.
What do you mean, like you don't know what events happen during the cruise, or you just don't know how it works?
Not much happens on Thursday at the convention. Thursday is mainly a day for setting up and picking up con badges at registration. There are a couple things that do occur such as the pre-con mixer and pre-con dance along with a very limited number of panels (see https://anthrocon2016.sched.com/ for an example of what happened Thursday last year).
Also to note: You do not need to have your con badge to get on the cruise, you will just need to present your ticket for the cruise. That means people wanting to take the afternoon cruise will not need to pick up their con badges from registration beforehand.
thank you, that helps a lot
There won't be any major events happening as both cruises are on Thursday. So don't worry you won't miss any major events on either cruise.
I might not make it since I`m going to the Pirate game on Thursday.But I highly encourage as many who can to attend the ride.Its fun!
Do you think there would be enough lighting for amateur photos (namely, using a smartphone camera) taken on the sunset cruise to come out well? I'm trying to decide which option would be best to book.
Not to worry.
As Nicona correctly wrote above, sunset on June 29 is at 8:54. Six minutes before the end of the cruise. And it doesn't really start to get dark until a good half an hour or more after that.
Yes. There will be plenty of light for even the most basic of cameras on the cruise. And pictures taken around sunset are the best! Especially if you can catch the setting sun reflected in the water. If I decide to take the cruise, I am looking forward to snapping many pictures and shooting much video!
Also. Speaking as someone who has a bit of experience with watercraft. (Well duh! I'm an otter. OF COURSE I know my way around a boat!) My favorite time to be on board any vessel is during a sunset cruise!
Looking forward to it. I have drone that will carry strong camera light for this exact event
Just booked the evening cruise! Hoping to meet some cool peeps there!
Booked myself a spot on the evening. Adrennec wants to be on the jumbotron! Also, it looks like an awesome thing to do in suit. Should be a fun first outing!
Totally in! I almost never do after dark events (which for me is defined as after 7 PM ) but this sounds way too fun to pass up!
I have tickets for the thursday night Pirate game. Ill share during the con if I saw any shots of the fursuit cruise on the screen at the game
The sunset cruise will be sailing past PNC Park during the Pirates game. Perhaps we can get noticed and put up on the Jumbotron!!!
This sounds like a job for K.P. Who is our new Public Outreach director. (AKA: PR guy.) And when your job is PR, it's your job to alert the media.
Yeah, K.P.. You should totally give the stadium a call and tell them that somewhere between 8 and 9 o'clock there might be something very cool and VERY photogenic steaming by the stadium during the game.
im flying to the con from the uk. but when i try to purchase a sunset ticket for the cruise it is a mandatory option to select my state location. i reside in the uk so is there anywhere non us residents can book a ticket? thanks in advance!
Sorry about that. I got it fixed now so our international attendees can purchase tickets.
Oh yes, the view shall be quite exquisite. Who wouldn't want to see all of those 'natural logs'.
And, after contacting my roomie to see if he wanted to go, I just bought two tickets on the sunset cruise!
This is gonna be fun!
I would have preferred a Sunday cruise. (Would have put a nice relaxing coda on my AC weekend.) But Thursday is almost as good!
Soggy OttARRRRRR (The dread intergalactic space-pirate otter. Scourge of the Andromeda galaxy, and nemesis of both the greater and lesser Magellanic Clouds.)
P.S. I promise that I won't whip out me cutlass 'n flintlocks 'n shanghai y'all during the cruise! YARRRRRR!
Go, Soggs! And thanks! Looking forward to this! Now I have to remember not to jostle against you while you're filming on the cruise, sending your phone into the beautiful waters of the Allegheny, Ohio or Unpronounceable Rivers!