Hotel reservations open soon: What to expect
On February 1, at 11:00 AM EST, we will publish the url for the Passkey site that will allow you to make your hotel reservations. You will be asked for your Anthrocon badge number (Optional, but appreciated) and a credit card in hand. Please note the following very important tidbits of information:
1) The page that you want to visit will be our hotel page, http://www.anthrocon.org/hotel. There is some very important information that you really ought to read, and then a gigantic link that says you understand that selfsame information. Click that, and it will take you to the Passkey site to make your hotel reservations.
2) Anthrocon's web page has been reinforced against the onslaught, but we can't guarantee that it can withstand the strain of 5000 people repeatedly mashing on the F5 key (please don't do that, if you can avoid it at all). We will also be posting the Passkey link in our Livejournal community, our Twitter account, and on Facebook just in case.
3) There will also be a telephone number on the Passkey page that you can call, but the number of operators is limited! The telephone is not really recommended for that reason. We strongly recommend sticking to the online system.
4) You will only be able to reserve one room at a time. After the room reservation is made, the system will ask if you want to reserve a second; you'll need to go back through the system if you want a second room.
5) Reminder: You must pay a one-night prepayment. That pre-payment is not refundable if you later change your mind and want to cancel the reservation.
6) Your credit card may not be charged right away; the charge may be delayed for up to two weeks due to the volume that we are expecting. Please make sure that you do not go on a spending spree after making your hotel reservation.
7) If a particular hotel is not listed when you log in, it means that particular hotel is not available. You can try shortening your stay in case the early or late days are sold out while the rest are still available; there's a chance that you can extend the stay earlier or later once the reservation is made (assuming there is availability).
8) Supersponsors: You will have the link mailed to you at 11:00 AM EST on Wednesday, the 30th. If you do not receive the link by 12:00 noon, please check your spam-box first, and if you do not see an email from us, contact registration-2013(at)anthrocon.org. Mailers are sometimes a little slow, so kindly do not panic and email us at 11:00:03.