(If you are a dealer, please ship to the DLCC instead) With the current trend among airlines for charging higher and higher fees for baggage, you may find it advantageous to ship items to the Westin or, if you are a dealer, directly to the Convention Center. Be advised, however, that there are charges at both locations to receive and handle any boxes, and that there are very specific (and very different) rules to follow for each location. Anthrocon has helped to arrange these services and done its best to negotiate reasonable rates and rules, but that is as far as we go. We take no responsibility for misdirected shipments, neither does any location offer any guarantees. It is strongly, strongly recommended that you choose a carrier that offers tracking services such as DHL, UPS, Fedex, and the like. Remember, there is a charge to receive ALL boxes. In the past there were some misunderstandings on our part that resulted in some very unexpected fees that Anthrocon paid itself, but now that the rules are clear we are passing them along to you.
- The charges for shipments to the Westin Convention Center Hotel are as follows:
- Box up to 20 pounds: $10 each
- Box 20 to 50 pounds: $20 each
- Boxes over 50 pounds: $30 each
- Crates and pallets: $75 each (may be surcharges due to weight and bulk)
These charges cover receipt, storage, and delivery of packages to the Anthrocon Convention Operations office by the hotel.
- Boxes must not arrive prior to the Monday before the convention (that's 3 days before). There is no way to receive them prior to that date. If they arrive before then, they will be sent back.
- Boxes should be labeled with the following information:
Box 1 of ______
The Westin Convention Center Hotel
1000 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Attn: (Your name) c/o Anthrocon
Deliver to Anthrocon Office – Crawford Room.
- There is no form to send ahead of time. You may pick up your boxes in the Crawford Room of the Westin, on the 3rd floor beyond the elevators. Payment is due at that time, in cash only.
Reminder: Anthrocon is not responsible for any shipping issues, and any risks involved up to and including loss or mis-delivery of shipments are assumed by the shipper. These services have been arranged in an effort to alleviate some of the physical burden from those attendees who need to transport excess baggage to the convention and are neither operated nor guaranteed by Anthrocon, Inc.