Anthrocon is a Pennsylvania-incorporated 501(c)7 not-for-profit organization. It is overseen by a Board of Directors chaired by Dr. Samuel Conway, a scientist, author and entertainer known in the anthropomorphics world as "Uncle Kage." The remainder of the Board are:
- Robert "Chiaroscuro" Armstrong - Dealers Room, Photography
- Kenneth "Gen. Talon" Baker - Audio Visual
- Thomas "Nicona" Brewer - Registration
- John "K.P." Cole - Public Outreach
- Brian "Rigel" Harris - Charity
- Karl "Xydexx" Jorgensen - Publications
- Peter "PeterCat" Kappesser - Art Show
- Maj. George "Tigerwolf" Nemeyer, USAF (Ret.) - Internet Room
- Douglas "Giza" Muth (Director Emeritus) - Website / Social Media
The sole purpose of the organization is to operate a yearly convention in order to bring together devotees of anthropomorphics from near and far, in a relaxed social atmosphere where fans of all ages may feel welcome.
As a not-for-profit group, Anthrocon is dedicated to keeping its cost of attendance to a minimum. Only those funds necessary to support the operation of the convention and to make preparations for the following year's convention are retained.