The Anthrocon Board will soon be deciding on the Charity to support for 2015. If you know of a charitable organization that you would like to see hosted at Anthrocon, please suggest it here or as a followup to this post in Anthrocon's other forums by December 31st.
Criteria for candidacy:
* Why does the charity have to be 501(c)3?
* Why does the charity have to be within 60 miles of Pittsburgh?
* Why must the charity be incorporated in Pennsylvania instead of nearby West Virginia or Ohio? State tax implications come into play for Anthrocon, a 501(c)7 based in Pennsylvania, to host a fundraiser for a 501(c)3 organization in another state. It risks your donations going to taxes instead of the charity.
* Why does the charity have to be animal-related?
Our post-Anthrocon 2014 break is over, and we're back, starting with a new 2015 look for the website! Many many thanks to graphic artist dragon Cuprohastes for the artwork, design, and endless tweaks. (Oh, the tweaks...)
Other Anthrocon News
We are in the process of evaluating a new registration system already in use by other conventions which we expect will meet our needs through Anthrocon 2015 and beyond. We will post more information here, and to Twitter and Facebook when registration opens.
Additional Website Details
As our registration software moves forward with new technology, so must our website. For the 0.89% of you who use Internet Explorer 8, I regret to reform you that you may have difficulty viewing some of these pages. For the 71.11% of you who visit this website from other desktop browsers, we have widened the content pane and increased the font size to make this site an easier read as monitors become bigger and bigger. Finally, for the remaining 28% of our visitors from mobile devices, we haven't forgotten about you! We have some ideas of mobile themes for this website which we are currently exploring.
Anthrocon 2015 may be 9 months away, but we are now actively planning for it, and will post future announcements here.
I normally write a long paragraph about this, but let's be honest - we all know the drill by now.
We'll be using the same system I was last year. I'm taking auditions and will be listening to them, but I'm prioritizing people who have stood out playing at other conventions. Please feel free to send in auditions regardless of experience, making sure that they're 45 minutes to 75 minutes in length and hosted on a major website like soundcloud or mixcloud.
This year we have a form to help keep my hair not-gray.
If you have any questions, post here or contact me at
Bear in mind that if you reply with your audition/info here, I will probably not wind up reading it and you won't be in the consideration. Unless it's in the form, I'll probably lose it.
Thanks in advance and good luck, everyone!
Hi, and welcome to the 2014 edition of the Anthrocon Charity Events Followup!
Anthrocon raised a new record total of $32,372 for The National Aviary, our supported charity this year. Thanks very much to Desiree Wienand and all their volunteers from the Aviary who came out to participate - some of whom joined us as existing and new fans!
We also set new records for money raised in the Raffle, the Bucket Brigade, and 2 & Kage's Comedy Show!
More special thanks are in order to the following groups and individuals:
* To all the donors who contributed artwork and merchandise to the auction and raffle, and to all those who both bid at the auction and bought raffle tickets.
* To the Dorsai Irregulars, Anthrocon's security contingent, who contributed the Elevator Golden Ticket for 2015, raised additional funds at the elevators, and acted as the Aviary's security escorts.
* To Dr. Samuel Conway and 2, the Ranting Gryphon, for their charity performance for which all ticket sales were donated to charity. Also, again to Dr. Conway for his annual auctioneering skills.
* To all the fursuiters and their handlers who volunteered their time for fursuit "bucket brigade" duties.
* To the Westin, Omni, DoubleTree, and for the first time the Courtyard, who each generously offered up a four-night stay during Anthrocon 2015.
* To all the attendees who bought merchandise and made cash donations to The national Aviary's donations box at their table, which is always a large percentage of the total funds raised.
* To the sudden generosity of attendees at our Closing Ceremonies, who stepped up to sail us into the record books by donating over $2000 in additional cash in two minutes.
Anthrocon 2014 has come and gone, and here are some of the stats:
What comes next?
Greetings! It's almost time for Anthrocon 2014 and many of us (including the convention staff) are either on our way to Pittsburgh, or will be heading there soon.
If you need to speak with the convention staff, sending us emails may result in a delay before we reply, so stopping by the Convention Operations office in the Crawford Room of the Westin or Room 309 in the Convention Center is recommended.
Here are some useful links:
Much of this information can also be found on our static website (optimized for speed during the convention):
We'll see you in Pittsburgh.
-- The Anthrocon Staff and Board of Directors
There are two ways to access MyConbook from your laptop, tablet, or other mobile device. The first way is for Android users only: download the MyConbook app. The second way is for all mobile users. Point your browser to the mobile website at:
Enjoy the mobile schedule, and we'll see you at Anthrocon 2014 in just a few short days from now.
While the convention is happening this year, our website will be under substantial load. In the event that it goes down, we don't want attendees to be without convenient access to the schedule. To that end, we once again created a static version of the website with just the bare essentials on it. It sits on a separate machine with just a barebones webserver so that it can serve up files as fast as humanly possible. The URL is:
Please, bookmark it on your laptop or mobile device so that you can get to it during the con if need be.
We also have a copy of our countdown, with zero hour being when opening ceremonies open on Friday morning. It can be found at:
Notice anything amiss in the content of those pages? Please, let us know in the comments below!
We are pleased to announce that for the first time an Anthrocon’s 18 years, we’ll be live streaming our main events and our dances live online.
**Please note we have made some changes to our stream schedule.